Friday, April 24, 2009

Were home...plus some

Kellie and I got in late Friday night. It was a loooooong trip! We made it safe and sound. It was so good to Greg and Jessica again. Plus, to see my doggies... Ginger and Sadie! They both had lots of kisses and love for me. Sadie and Ginger followed me everywhere for 5 days. They wouldn't let me out of their sight! When I would sit down, Sadie would jump in my lap. :)
This week home has been crazy... Kellie got to her EXPLORE test on Saturday. Then her Confirmation Retreat on Sunday. Greg and I got some yard work done. I got the Tahoe unloaded. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies coming home! I mowed on Monday.. it was in the 70's! It has been warm to hot all week! BEAUTIFUL! Nicer than any weather we had while we were in California. Funny how that worked out!
Tuesday I went and helped with Jessica's Field Trip to Biz City. This is a cool place that helps the kids learn about jobs, money, paychecks and checkbooks. Everyone is assigned a job. Jessica was a Quest Designer. I think she is still trying to figure that one out! I was helping in the Deseret News office. It was very hectic and a bunch of work for the kids. But we got our paper out AND made a profit! The kids were great... they couldn't wait to get the paper printed.. so they could go out and sell them! They sold ALL we printed! I was quite proud!
I went to the gym most days this week. It was good to be back at my home gym and see familiar people!
Back to the running, running, running around grind. The girls are still dancing till mid-June. They have competitions the next 3 weekends.
Thursday was haircut day for Jessica and I. We both needed it very bad. Jessica wanted her shorter, so she is about shoulder length. She looks cute and loves it!
In May, we have Mardi Gras, Festival of Roses and my Birthday coming up. Big Month... plus our 20 year anniversary. Wow... time flies.

0 comments: