Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wheel of Fortune, Jay Leno...

We had a busy week last week... First, Kellie, DJ, Ann and I all went to Wheel of Fortune. It was fun seeing Pat and Vanna, after watching them for many years. I remember when I was a kid, I would watch with my Dad and we would guess the puzzles. We usually got them BEFORE the contestant! That show had it 30 yr anniversary last year! Which is cool a show can last that long on the networks. We learned a lot of cool stuff. Like Vanna and Pat make the same amount of money. Even though Vanna usually doesn't say to much! Pat is very quick witted and seems like a nice guy! NO, we didn't get to meet him! The closest we got from our seats was about 200-400 yards. So we got a good view of them! Anyway, we got to sit with the families of the contestants that were on that day. There was a lot of excitement and it was fun rooting them on! Unfortunately the down side of that is that we won't be on TV. They panned the audience several times that day, but they didn't pan the family section. However, if you want to watch Wheel of Fortune on May 7th, and May 8th (yup, my birthday) and May 27th, you will see the shows we saw. COOL!! No, we couldn't take any pictures, but we got a cool pin that lights up and looks like the wheel. I sent mine to Jessica!
Jay Leno... Ann and I went to Jay Leno (have to be 16 yr or older). We got to see Whoopi Goldberg as guest. It was cool! Jay is a great guy and came out and talked to the audience for a few minutes. Ann went up on stage (before the show started) and did her impression of a baby crying. It was so funny. She got a stuffed dog with a Tonight Show tshirt on it. It's cute! That was a fun one to go to because it is taped live and it only takes about the 1 hour. It is pretty fast moving.
Tomorrow we have stand by seats for Ellen. I hope we get in. Again, that is Ann and I because the kids aren't old enough. If we don't get in, we are guaranteed seats for another show.

0 comments: